Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Week with Miss Deanna Louise!





So...our fun traveling adventures aren't over yet! :) Deanna flew home with Elena and I. We had a LOVELY week, although I felt guilty most of the week that I was busy playing catch-up from being out of the town and so Dee had to spend way too much time with a book. Oh well! :) Hopefully she'll come again?!
Here's her e-mail about the week. She sums it up really well, so I'll just let you read it that way!

"Hello everyone!
I just got back from my week long adventure in Houston. It was fabulous. I flew down with Mindy and Katelyn early on Monday morning. It was a 14 hour travel day for us. Between the two flights, getting lost on the way from the airport to the in-law's, the car not starting and the search for jumper cables, the ever-so-slow fast food place who gave us the wrong order so we had to go back, and the 3 hour drive from San Antonio to Houston, it made the trip a little longer than planned. Next time, we'll spend the extra $100 and just fly into Houston.
We had a fabulous time. We went shoe shopping and found some fun t-shirts. We also went to the Galleria- the 2nd largest mall in the US. We found a scarf for $600! We also managed to knock down an entire sunglasses display by simply touching it. I don't know how it happened, but the store clerk was irate and we were laughing so hard we couldn't talk. We left very quickly after we picked up the sunglasses and put them in the tupperware containers that the clerk thrust under our noses. We watched the old videos from Bear Lake and Park City. We were the biggests dorks, but we sure had fun.
I got to go to YW's with Mindy and meet all of her girls. I think you'll do great Mindy, but you certainly have a challenge before you. We also went to the movie theatre, cooked some great food, and Mindy demonstrated her skill at accidental throwing scoops of ice cream across the kitchen. Mindy's house is beautiful. It was fun to go see where she lived and meet some of her friends.
We also drove the hour up to Marissa's, so I was able to completely surprise Marissa. that was great. We had a bar-b-que with them the next evening and played some games. Katelyn was a cutie. It thought she was great in the grocery store. Everyone thought she was the cutest baby every seen. She was pretty cute.
It was a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I even flew back by myself and it wasn't so bad. I met a guy on the way from Denver to SLC. Pretty sure he was about 32, but he flirted like he wasn't. It was a fun flight. And, no, there's no date. He's headed back to Kansas and flying out for Afghanistan in a couple weeks.
Thanks for letting me stay Mindy! I hope you all enjoy the pictures!
love,
Deanna"


Here are some Kodak Moments from the week!
From Left to Right: Mike, Mindy, Ammon, Deanna, Marissa, Paul, Braden
So cute nephew Miss Deanna has!
The Sexy Early Morning Look--Yeow! ;)
Shopping!

(P.S. Deanna has the most outrageous dating/getting hit on stories EVER! A 30 year old dude on the airplane is nothing! :)

No comments: