Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Pleasant Day in Pleasant Grove


Time for a new post...more about our Utah trip! :)

Katelyn and I also got to spend a day with Becky, Ally, Kayla, and Chris in Pleasant Grove (boy, Chris...that's a lot of women you gotta deal with! :) We drove down with my mom and grandma who were going to spend the day with Aunt Suzanne in Provo. We got there earlish morning and left lateish evening. It was great!

We hung out and let the girls play, had the most YUMMY tomato soup ever (get the recipe from Becky, it's divine...)and had some shopping adventures. It was so nice just to sit and chat. Becky is that type of sister that you want living by you--you know, the one who has you over for dinner and games and the one with whom you would run to the grocery store and trade babysitting. I can see us gallivanting all over Utah county taking our girls to activities and, at times, sending them with Dads so we could go and do projects....She's one of the BIG reasons we really miss being in Utah! :(

But...our day together was awesome! Yummy food, and playtime. We took the girls to Ally's Storytime at the library and the girls had a lovely time picking out new books and causing a ruckus. Naptime was nice and quiet and then we headed to the Candle Store.

Story time...do you think we could get a smile?
Picking books at the Library

For all those lucky people who live in Utah--and especially Utah County--you have got to visit this store. For Every Body Outlet. ( http://www.foreverybody.com/ ) I discovered For Every Body at BYU when a roommate worked there...these candles are a FRACTION of the cost of anywhere else, and they really work! I always save room for more yummy candles when I go home; I about surpassed my luggage weight limit coming home this time. I think that we did very well....until the end. And then things got hilarious.
One thing about these candles is that many of them have a very soft wax, like body butter consistency, or maybe (if you're Ally), Conditioner? Mousse? Pomade? Who stores un-lidded, yummy smelling, soft candles on the floor within the reach of little munchkins (or what type of mother and aunt don't pay attention :), I don't know...but the result is wax covered hair!

By the way--check out the outfit! I'm in trouble...Ally loves to dress herself, and she has quite a sense of style. The problem is, I see Katelyn turning into an Ally--oh boy! Interesting outfits, here we come! I'm going to be learning from you, Becky!

Look Mom! I can do my own hair!


The evening was spent getting candle wax out of hair, which, in case you ever need to know, works best when olive oil is used. And a lot of holding munchkins over the sink, under water, with much screaming! Not recommended! :)

Thanks for the great day, Becky! It's sad we didn't get any great pictures of all of us...guess I'll just have to come back! :)

No comments: