Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How To Host A Murder--

So...we've been busy, busy--but since people are waiting for this post, I'll do it before catching you up on everything else we've been doing!

Friday night, my friend Elena and I hosted a How To Host A Murder Mystery Dinner Party. It was so much fun! We invited 5 couples from the ward (ourselves included) to our house and then took a trip to another life and place; I was the town tramp, Mike a traveling carnival worker. Other cast members included the Sheriff, the up and coming music celebrity, the preacher and his wife, the man who had been abducted by aliens too many time to count, the trailer park owner, the hairdresser and makeup artist and the biker dude. We had a great time!

Elena and I borrowed a whole bunch of stuff and re-decorated my house to look like Bubba's Bar, and everybody showed up in the greatest costumes. We had great food--there was a ton!--and even better company! This is something we are surely going to do again!

The Cast


The Set


The Culprits

Preacher Jim Bob and his wife, Mary Lou (a.k.a. Bill and Melanie Curtis--she stuffed her bum for her costume! Hilarious!! And...'You can be forgiven!")

Biker Punk and Twyla, the trailer park millionaire (a.k.a. Luke and Emily Werrett--everybody pegged Emily as the killer....mmmm? Play the game to find out!)

Town Hooker and Passing through worker--Carney Folk (I put streaks in my hair and Mike smeared grease all over! Great!!)

Sheriff Sissy and Dreaming Country Star, Dusty Diamond (a.k.a Andrew and Elena Baugh. Andrew was hilarious coming up with songs all the time, and Elena has a wild side! :)

Virgil, the alien abductee, and Mrs. Bouffant, Beauty Shop owner (a.k.a. Glen and Kathryn Barney. Glen originally had his hat covered in tin foil--so the aliens don't read your thought, don't you know!)

Obviously, I can't quite remember every body's cast name, but it was an unforgettable experience nonetheless!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Mindy! I went to school with Elena! I think she was in my clarinet section when I was the section leader! Crazy small world! I can't remember if she played clarinet or flute though. Wow though. Tell her I said hi! What a fun night! I love those murder mystery games.

Melanie said...

This was so much fun. Thanks again you guys!