Thursday, August 25, 2011

We're home!!

I didn't know somebody could cry so many tears--and still have tears left to cry! There are happy tears, sad tears, tears of gratitude, tears of frustration, tired tears, and sympathetic tears.  I'm sure I'm not done with my share of crying yet, but for now...WE'RE HOME!!  All of us. Under one roof. Unattached to wires, machines, and IV's.  Sitting on comfy couches and building blanket forts to have a movie afternoon.  

 
This morning was rough, but once I got to the hospital and found out we were headed home, it felt like Christmas!!

Our movie is about to begin, so I'm sure we'll talk more later, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the simple joy of home.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yay! Been thinking/praying about you guys! So happy for you!

Kirsten said...

What a tremendous ordeal and a wonderful outcome! I am so amazed by your strength and faith. Thanks for sharing all that you have learned with us. Best of luck with recovery. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Richard said...

That's great news to hear you're home. It's amazing how resilient kids are. I'm currently doing my surgery rotation with the trauma team here in Florida, and I think of Luke every time a trauma alert comes in, especially the pediatric alerts, or when I have to see a patient in the pediatric ER(seen several falls and fractures). I've also had the opportunity to assist a neurosurgeon with a craniotomy on an adult who got the same exact scalp incision as Luke got. Anyways, I've been thinking about you guys every day and praying Luke would do well. Out of the hospital in 4 days is a great recovery time for sure.