Sunday, August 14, 2011

Backing Up...Birthdays!

We celebrate two birthday at our house, right back to back. So. Much. Fun! (So much work!)  I sure love my two birthday people, and if I do say so myself, I think this year was a success!

Katelyn is first...good thing too, cuz these days she's throws all sorts of tizzy fits if she doesn't get to be first! Mike and I were so excited for her birthday-maybe even more excited then she was!  We decorated her room with floating balloons, decorated the house with signs, and decorated a princess cake.  She got the pillow pet she's been wanting...FOREVER...and lots of other fun stuff.  One month past the birthday, the most beloved presents are: still the pillow pet, her magnetic dolls, and her bike accessories.  I personally love her new clothes and dresses.  
We all love our little 4 year old...!

Super fun to wake up too!

 Birthday Lunch with Grandma and Grandpa

 Her princess castle cake...


Birthday dinner...as requested, hot dogs, pop, and applesauce (YUCK! :)

 The Pillow Pet!! :)
Thanks Aunt Linda!
 Blowing out the candles...

 Mike gets to celebrate his birthday the next day.  Not as much decorating went into his birthday, but he did get the cake he wanted (which looked HORRIBLE, but tasted AWESOME), he got some golfing in with his Dad...so FUN to have him here...and finally got to open his presents which I had been saving for and scheming about for months. Nothing says I love you like power tools, and at this house, nothing says power tools like Dewalt!  Sure love my handy man!

His pile..I schemed and planned and saved for months! Success!!


 I love this picture...

 It's a planer! Whoop!!

Phone calls from out of town family...

 The sad looking, but totally divine cake! 
Happy birthday to my birthday people! And thanks to everybody who came to help make it a party! :)

No comments: