Saturday, August 27, 2016

Happy Birthday Harry Potter, er...Josh!

We had a friend birthday party this year for my Josho. I do these very rarely--but this one was so fun we may just do more!!

Harry Potter is all the rage at our house these days, so Harry Potter themed party it was!  I am those thankful for friends who gave me ideas and let me borrow just about all their stuff! It turned out great!  Josh and I had fun crafting other parts of the party and Jillisa helped me too.  Love this kid!

















Friends arrived with their tickets for the train, and we got right to business. Capes for all the wizards and wand picking.  Sorting came next, then it was time for classes.







Our first class required wand practice. Katelyn taught us the proper spell, then it was time for practice!




Then it was Potions with Professor Mike.  It was epic.







Quidditch!  Gryffindor VS Gryffindor.  The kids loved this...it was awesome to watch.








Time for Divinations.  Whatever color your drink turned meant something different for your future.  Some kids will be really strong, some rich, some fast, some smart.  So cool.




Defense Against the Dark Arts.  Very serious stuff.  A REALLY tough pinata to break--Professor Mike had to help in the end!



Presents!! Our friends were incredibly generous and thougthful--Josh is in present heaven!



 Cake and Ice Cream...don't look the Basilisk in the eye!






 It was a success. We had a great afternoon and I'm glad we won't do another one of these anytime soon... ;)


No comments: