Friday, August 5, 2016

Bathroom Redo!

All three bathrooms in our Blue Acre need a serious overhaul. One is (was) yellow, one all blue, one all pink. The plan is to gut the two bathrooms upstairs  (yellow and blue) and switch around the space, since they share a wall. But, that is down the road several years.

After prepping our Layton home to sell I decided that never again would I only fix up a space just before selling..and never get the benefits of living in a space I love!! So, even though we will be changing up the bathroom at some point, I figured I could do a little bathroom 'refresh' for cheap enough to make it worth my while.

Mike headed to scout camp this week. I stay up late when he is gone so I got the itch to redo the bathroom as a surprise. It would be tricky to get it all in, but I did it (with serious help from my parents!!)...and what's more, I LOVE it!!

Before:


After:








I used a tile resurfacing kit (rustoleum tub and tile) to PAINT the ugly yellow bathroom tile. So slick, and looks totally legit! It was seriougly strong fumes though...I think I lost some brain cells! 

My little brother helped me with the floating shelves...oh, such a big fan!! Found the decor in my basement and at DI...it pays to be a hoarder! ;)

My parents came over and helped me raise the cabinet. 7 freaking inches!! My back already is happy!! Now it's tall person height!!

My mom spent a full day and half here helping me tile and grout the countertop. And, by help, I mean she pretty much did it all while I rode my little people to do their chores.

I painted the cabinet white and the walls gray. If I had had one more day I would have trimmed out the window and door, as well as painted the door...but time waits for no one and Mike comes home tomorrow so it's done as far as it will be. 

I feel so happy with the results and the feel of the bathroom now. Can't wait to enjoy it, and show Mike tomorrow...I think he will mostly be happy that I didn't spend any house money (it was all my saved up slush fund) and that he didn't have to do any, bwahaha!

No comments: