Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Daydreaming...

Everything on selling/buying/building is taken longer then I had thought, but in the meantime I'm finally figuring out in my head how I want things to look in the new place.  Since I can't do much but sit around these days, I've spent some time coming up with a cohesive plan for the new rooms in our house.  The kitchen-great room has me stumped...!  We know we are doing dark hardwood floors (actually, the hardwood look tile), and light (white or cream) cabinets with a neutral granite and bright white trim...but what color paint!?!?  The great room will have a lighter color carpet, in the speckled brown family and the kitchen and family room could be all one paint color.  Or two.  Or even more, if we did an accent wall or something.  Do you have a favorite?  Please share!  I'm really torn.  Gray and that pretty blue are super popular these days--and for good reason. They are so pretty!  But, something inside me says that I need to do something different from everyone else.  But then, it's just paint...easy to change later.  And if I love it, it doesn't matter what everybody else is doing...arg!

In the meantime, our bedroom is going to be gray with purple accents.  It looks like a lot of purple on this style board, but it's really not.  :)  Mostly it's gray and cream, with dark wood accents and some purple.  We are going to do grasscloth boxes of purple on the same wall as our bed, and a purple throw on cream bedding.  It's going to look amazing!


Our bathroom ( our OWN bathroom! ) will just be a continuation of the room.  Bright white trim, greige walls, dark cabinets, lots and lots of light.  I'm not sure yet on tile...

Katelyn and I are on the same page, thankfully, and the littlest Miss doesn't get a choice.  We are going with coral and green in her room, with distressed furniture and some gold.  I want one wall of huge polka dots, green headboards and footboards, colorful quilts for the beds, and bright white trim.  Katelyn really wants a canopy over her bed, but I'm not sure it will happen...I've got some great pieces of furniture just waiting to be refinished to go in her room--we gotta get a garage so we can do some projects!  Should be super cute!

The boys and I disagree. I want another BYU room like we have, but they want a lego room.  I think they should probably win, but we are still battling it out! ;)

We are moving in with just three bedrooms finished, so excluding the laundry/mudroom and the bathrooms, this is all I've got to think about. It's killing me that I can't make any decisions on the kitchen/great room--so send your advice.

 Can't wait to get the baby here so I can feel like myself again--and then get the house done to the point where I can decorate!  

No comments: