Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March is closet month...

So, my organization is going great thus far this year.  I finally gathered the gumption to work on the office and although I sadly admit that it's not 100% there, it's done enough that only myself or my mother would notice it needs more work.  I will call that success!!
March is closet month, and when Mike went night skiing last week I decided to tackle my sewing closet.  I got it all done and it's BEAUTIFUL!  Sometimes I pass by the closet and open the doors just to stare at the organized inside.  I love it!  This is why I'm going to get my house all organized this year--and it's small successes like this closet that help me to not lose steam! :)
This week I'm moving to the upstairs closets--I'm going to paint the coat closet something fun and exciting, and I'm on the hunt for a perfect wreath for the outside of the door. Can't wait!
(sorry for the phone pictures...!)
BEFORE:
Before, my sewing closet consisted of two totes blocking the hallway, random scraps of fabrics, rick-rack, zippers, thread, etc, etc.  I found I kept buying stuff cuz I couldn't find what I had--and I was always rushing too fast from thing to thing (and lazy) to actually put stuff away so it just got stuffed. Embarrassing... :(



AFTER:



By the way, to date, I have thrown away 8 bags of garbage and 4 totes have gone to DI. Sa-Weet!

Here is my list again...coming along nicely.  Whoop!

Get Organized in 2012!!


January-Family Room
February-Office
March-Closets--sewing, 2 hall closets
April-Our Bedroom
May-Katelyn’s Room
June-Josh’s Room
July-Kitchen (if I have the $ saved for the remodel by then!)
August-Carport
September-Shed
October-Bathrooms
November-Storage Room/Laundry
December-Free

Current Out of House Totals:
Garbage: 8 bags
DI: 4 bags
Family Room List

Move hutch to office
Clean out/sort/set up rotation for toys
Remove shelf with printer
Set up new print server
Battery in clock
Sort and organize DVD’s
Return borrowed DVD’s
Curtains up
Desk Re-do
Hide all electronics
Sort blanket closet
Replace light bulbs
Decide on couch placement
Re-do bookshelf/bench
Clean out end table
Update pictures
Finish Flylady
Touch up paint
Make a seat cushion for bench
Book storage on wall?
Office
Clean out, alphabetize, sort books (all fit in ONE bookshelf)
Sort through gift bags and wrapping paper.
Organize Files
Start a file drawer for each person
Clean out/sort vinyl scraps
Hang pictures
Change light bulbs
Sort closet
Make a timeline for unfinished craft projects
Totes and boxes for misc. items--all fit in the hutch bottom.
Hanging solution for airplaines
Craft Hutch
Closets
Sewing Closet-
Fabric wrapped on the foam
Scraps put into jars
Notions in jars
Stuff in drawers etc.
Place for sewing machine
Light installed

Coat Closet-
Install shelf
Install Coat hangers/rack
Bathroom organizer on the back of the door
Repaint (in stripes, polka dots, something fun...?)

Hall Closet-
Install a lock doorknob
Sort/DI/garbage
Multi-tiered units or shelf bracket dividers
Label
New hall air returns
Kitchen
Katelyn’s Room
Our bedroom
Install new lighting
Clean out hope chest
Clean out nightstands
Organize closet-multi shelving units
Sort/DI/garbage clothes
Clean out under the bed
Clean stickers off the lamps
Josh’s Room
Carport
Hooks on the walls and ceiling for bikes, shovels, trellis’s.
Organize tools
All wood to shed
DI/Clean
DI/sort attic
Shed
Run power
Set up woodworking stations/camping station/gardening station
Tools on pegboards
Bathrooms
Repaint upstairs in stripes!
Storage Room/Laundry

3 comments:

Holly Strong said...

I am impressed Mindy. I need to get the fire lit under me and dejunk.

Brielle said...

nicely done! looks great! I have to do that to my bonus room before you guys come so there is actually a place you can sleep :) 2 rooms is just not enough :)

Brielle said...

Nicely done! I need to do that to my bonus room before you guys come or there will be no place for you to sleep! :) 2 rooms is just not enough space!