Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Random Things

I have been tagged by my sister--and so in return, I'm going to tag

Deanna
Stephanie
Holly
Becky
Linda

Rules:  Post 12 random things about yourself, complete with any pictures you have, and then tag 5 more people, tell them, and continue the fun! :)



12-I like to eat yogurt with a baby spoon. I swear it tastes better that way.


11-I always tap my knuckle on the window of my car as I'm getting out.  If I don't, I ALWAYS get a little shock.  Don't know what it is about my car that charges up static electricity, but it does!

10- I have to sleep with a blanket curled up around my face.  Fuzzy or t-shirt fabric is best, and currently Mike and I sleep under an old, worn, falling apart blanket I got in college, which my roommates and I named 'The Web.'  Oh, the sad day when I finally confess the 'The Web' is beyond hope.


9- I cheated in junior high school while learning to type, and so, to this day, I can't type numbers (the ones across the top) without looking. It's lame and really slows me down.  Don't cheat!

8- I have one itchy spot on my upper back...it's always itchy (like, right now!).  I have a theory that it's some sort of dead spot left over from epidural/labor stuff, but who really knows.  I just know that it's always itchy!


7- I am the most horrible laundry person you will ever meet.  I wash laundry. I fold laundry. I have laundry is beautiful happy piles...and there is stays.  'Honey, where would I find socks?' Oh, you know, check out that laundry basket FULL OF CLEAN CLOTHES!  Grr.  Horrible thing I do!  

5- I listen to music, just about all the time.  Cleaning. Cooking.  Eating.  Crafting.  Talking. It's almost always on. Currently, the kids and I are loving showtunes!  Just ask Josh--he can sing a mean version of 'Arise and Seize the Day!'


4- I like to use funny, silly words.  Groovy Marsha. Bomdiggity.  Awesome Blossom.  Okay, maybe these are just 70's words...

3- I sleep with ONE ear plug, and the room has to be totally dark. In fact, I told Mike he could get me some of those black out curtains they have in hotels for my birthday. As for the one ear plug, if I use two I can hear/feel my heart pumping in my ears and it drives me batty. If I don't sleep with one, I can hear my sweet, snoring husband and it drives me to insomnia!


2- I have a bad habit of leaving my front door wide open.  When we are headed someplace, after carting crap, children, luggage, bags, food, etc, etc, etc, I often just drive off without looking to see if I remembered to shut my front door.  I have a neighbor who takes walks and has been known to shut my door for me, and I've come home before and had that panic moment...'Did someone break into my house?!' Oh no, just me, left the door open again!


1- I like junk candy. I'm like a 5 year old...bypass the good stuff...send me some of those conversation hearts, or this time of year, those little sweettart bunnies and chicks.  Circus peanuts--yes please.  Jelly beans--you bet.

3 comments:

Kiersti said...

The front door thing cracks me up because I may or may not have left our front door WIDE OPEN while we went to our cabin. For 5 days. On 4th of July weekend. Somehow, everything was still there when we got back :)

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I always tap my car door too! I hate how it shocks me! Laundry too, ick! I have a HUGE pile starring at me right now actually. I'll have to try the ear plug thing. Rusty's snoring drives me INSANE!

Stephanie Hancock said...

I loved this! You're such a wonderful person--I miss the days we spent all day together!