Sunday, October 17, 2010

5 years ago...

Five years ago last week (the first weekend in October), Mike and I had our first date.  My Bishop had been trying to set us up for weeks, and I finally tracked down his number from a guy in the ward and called him myself!  My roommates and I were organizing a big group date and what better place to have a first date-blind date.

Some of my cute roommates...
 

Mike showed up and he was cute--and tall!!  We chatted (he told me he had never been on a good blind date, I promised this one would at least not be awful!), made a dinner of french bread pizza (he taught me that you can boil chicken), and headed out to the Provo River for a Halloween Cruise.  We 'cruised' (he put his hand on the small of my back while getting in the boat) and then came home to my apartment to watch a really awful Frankenstein movie.  I walked him to the door and he told this was the best blind date he had ever had--and the most beautiful!  Sold!!  I was hooked!!

We went out on successive Tuesdays for about a month...once to ColdStone and a walk in the canyon (where we decided that we really could date each other cuz we had the same goals and directional plans), once we skipped Movie Night at his house to go on a walk, once to a CornMaze (where I wouldn't let him hold my hand.)  We DTR'd, later kissed on my front porch, and fell in love (all on a Tuesday)!

This October I decided to remember that great time and reenact some of our first dates.  We didn't end up having as much time, or energy, to do it all (blast those children and this pregnancy), but we hit up the Halloween Cruise again, ColdStone, and had time for a drive-by around Alta--the apartment complex where it all went down.  Good times!

Waiting for our Cruise this time...It was a lame as the first time we went...! :) LOL!

These people are making BANK!  $7 a person, 40 people to a boat, the boat runs every 30 minutes every weekend in October...and these boats were packed!

 Love the poor quality of this picture! :)


6 months later, on May 11th we were married here.  It was great! 


Loved him then, Love him still.  Always have, Always will!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I just realized, or perhaps discovered, Ryan lived in Alta in Provo too- during some of that time period. Do you remember which ward you were in? Wouldn't that be funny if you guys were in the same ward?

Cassidy said...

I can't believe that was 5 years ago, cause that means next month will be mine and Micah's 5 year/first date anniversary! Where does the time go?

Did I ever tell you that Lindy is in our ward? We love her and Ryan :)