Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Don't Blink!


Life changes SO fast these days...don't blink or you'll miss us! :)

Here's a quick recap of the last few weeks...

After deciding to make the move to Utah, we started packing our house to make it "stage" ready before our trip to Utah for Deanna's wedding. Tuesday, May 23rd we got word that a home on the rental market will rent quicker if it's empty, so we changed plans and began a crazy, hectic packing event. By Thursday we were loading the truck, and by Saturday we were on the road. I will be forever grateful for our ward that pitched in to help without any qualms...it was certainly way more then I could have handled alone, and I'm so thankful for the help.

All packed the ready to go! Thanks for every one's help!!

We had a great going away party on Friday evening...full of laughter and tears...and then hit the road to San Antonio for the weekend. After another tearful goodbye on Monday morning, we hit the road to Utah. We drove from San Antonio to Gallup, New Mexico on Monday May 29th, and then from Gallup to Pleasant Grove, Utah on day two, Tuesday May 30th. We made good time, and except for the bazillion bathroom breaks required by a pregnant woman, it was an almost painless, even enjoyable drive. We watched the same 30 hours of Elmo over and over and over and over and over again...but that's beside the point!

Here's Katelyn with her two favorite friends...Kara and Kaden. It breaks my heart to hear her ask for them...I wonder how long it will take until it stops hurting so much! :(


We decided to take a slight detour and see Four Corners...here's the best you're gonna get...can you believe they wanted to charge us 9 bucks to see it! And, we found out that the monument isn't even really in the right spot...it's two miles to the west of where the Four Corners really is!

Here's how Katelyn enjoyed Four Corners...

We made it to Utah on Tuesday and spent a lovely evening and day with Becky, Chris and the girls before heading up to Davis county Wednesday night. Mike hit the job hunt hard again on Thursday and the ABF truck full of our things finally got unloaded into our storage unit today. Mike has a job interview lined up at L3 next Wednesday...please keep us in your prayers. It would be a great opportunity and a real blessing to our family. He flies back to San Antonio tomorrow morning to pick up our truck and his brother Tom (who's headed to BYU), and in the meantime, he stays dedicated and a bit frustrated with the job hunt until something comes through!

Not many pictures of the trip and goodbyes up to this point, cuz to be honest, it still hurts too much. We put so much into our home and garden and life and friends in Houston that currently I find it easier to just not think about it too much...phewy!

And so...in other news...

Brielle, my little sister, graduated from High School on Thursday. She graduated with honors and spent all night at the senior bash. What a gorgeous girl!! She heads off to BYUI in September, leaving Kyron as the lone man at home! Crazy!!



Saturday was my best friend Deanna's wedding! What a great day!! Weddings are so fabulous and it was so neat to see all my best friends from High School all together in the temple. It is crazy to think about all that we have been through, and here we are nearly to our 10 year high school reunion. Steph, Deanna and I went to lunch on Thursday and had to laugh...we've moved from carrying matching purses and buying clothes to carrying babies, diaper bags and bottles and buying household lamps and children's toys. Crazy!

The wedding was wonderful and we had a great time hanging out with Steph and Kyle all day at the luncheon and reception. It was fun to see Deanna so happy and to be there for all the great stuff. Ryan, her husband, was surprising her with the honeymoon, so I'm still waiting to hear where they went. I feel very blessed that we get to live in Utah now so I can be here for stuff like this--Steph called me this week to take our kids to the park...yes! What a normal, everyday thing I get to do now! :)


The other exciting thing that I'm so glad we were here for was that my little sister Jillisa got engaged!! She went to Lake Powell with her boyfriend and his family, and he proposed while they were wake boarding! Wow! We had a huge engagement celebration party last night for the happy couple, and wedding plans are now a go! She started cosmetology school this week too...so we're going to have a hairdresser in the family! Yeah!




It's so great to be at my parents house with Mike here too...and Katelyn is loving all the attention. And, lets be honest, I'm loving all the help! I gotta watch it though; if I don't stay mobile and watch my eating, I'm going to gain way too much weight! :)

Well, I think that roughly catches you up. Oh, and it looks like we've found a renter! Count our many blessings...she's a 40 something woman with no pets, no kids, and makes more than enough money to cover the rent. She wanted to move in yesterday...and we're just waiting on the final word from our realtor. Gratitude!

More later I'm sure...but until then...loves~!

11 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

Thanks for posting that pic. When we went to the library today Kaden asked about Katelyn a couple of times. I told him she was in Utah each time and then on the way home when I said that he said, 'tay-day Utah, Mommy Utah.' Apparently he's planning a trip for us to come visit some time ;) We're so glad you made it safely with no trouble and are glad your house will be rented--one less thing to worry about!

Mal Mecham said...

Okay, so we now live in the same state. I'm pretty sure this means that I need to see that cute little munchkin and you! Let me know when you have time. Love you!!

Sam said...

You're def. in our thoughts. Tell Mike I feel his pain with the job search; I'm in the midst of a frustrating one myself. Good luck!

Marissa said...

Mindy it was so great that you were there for Deanna's wedding, by the way they are in mexico on a little island near cancun I think its called cozumel or something like it. I'm said that you are not down here with me any more but I hope things work out for you in Utah and good luck to Mike in finding a job.

Kristi said...

I am glad things worked out for you guys! I am sure it was so hard leaving Texas but things will work out here, sounds like they are already! I am sure Mike will get a job soon! We need to get together now! Its funny how things work out sometimes, you just really never know HOW they will work out! Just enjoy being with your parents and get some relaxing in now pregnant lady!

karen said...

Glad to hear you made it. EXCITED for Jillesa. How is you mom handling that.. I'll be at my moms house over 4th of July. Would love to see your family. Elaina and Cecil too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys made it safely and it sounds like you have been so busy. I know you are super excited to be there with all the family events taking place. I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye, keep me updated on your arrival. We are having our little one tomorrow. Good Luck in Utah and tell Mike hello. I'm glad you found a renter, I didn't know if you needed me to take care of your garden :)

Stephanie Hancock said...

Wow, things really do move for your whole family! I hope there's enough happy things here to keep you from getting too homesick for Texas! Sure was good spending time with you last week, didn't realize how much I'd missed you! Tell Jillisa congrats--guess you get to do more bridal shower planning, right? :) Wake-boarding proposal--this guy knows her well! See you soon! I love saying that!

Emily said...

Yay! You found a renter! That is fabulous news. One less thing to worry about, eh? That's awesome. I'm glad that you guys made it to Utah -- and it sounds like you've been keeping busy. That always makes new moves easier...It helps not to think about all the friends you left behind quite as often... :) I'm feeling that too...
We are praying for you guys to find a job soon!

Melanie said...

Yeah, I guess I blinked just a second too long . . . :)

Best of luck with the job hunt up there in Utah. I hope Mike finds something soon. Sounds like you're having a great time with your family. Glad you're in a good place. :)

Elena said...

Still sad that you've gone. Hope your interview went well. Got your letter yesterday. We should chat sometime. Give your mom a hug for me. I know she is taking good care of you. Tell Katelyn that we miss her. We've been going through pictures of Kara's year and Katelyn keeps popping up. Sometimes, quite literally.