Monday, June 29, 2009

No news...


So...I hate it when people don't update their blogs, so even though I'm not sure we have anything blog worthy, no news is still news so I'll update you!

Katelyn loves being here. She can't enough of being outside (which is great, cuz the weather is awesome and you can actually walk on the grass barefoot! Imagine that!!), and she loves Grandma and Grandpa and her Aunts and Uncles. We're having some stress on the cousin front...her one cousin that is old enough to play with her is a bit of a...handful? We think we're going to get Katelyn a t-shirt that says "I survived my cousin!" Oh well...guess it will teach her how to deal with siblings, right?

Mike is having a tough time. This job search thing cuts him right to the core and attacks his very being--it's hard to have the role of provide and protect and not feel like you can do that. We're so grateful to my parents for giving us a place to be safe and comfortable and be at home, but Mike is struggling. We're ready for this to be over!! I keep thinking about our good friends who played this job hunt game for 6 months! Dude!

I'm good. Pregnant, but good. This baby is WAY MORE ACTIVE in my belly then Katelyn ever was, which makes me nervous for when he comes out, but I'm feeling really well. I'm having a tough time adjusting to the altitude here and breathing sometimes is difficult, but, I really feel great. I'm working on finding a doctor--nobody wants to take transfer patients after 20 weeks--but I did find an eye doctor so at least I can fix my glasses and not be a blind woman anymore!

We're looking forward to the holiday weekend this week, and we're praying as hard as ever to get a job. If you've got leads or power with some company here in Utah, please let us know!


We love you all!!

2 comments:

LaChelle said...

Good luck! What kinds of companies or positions are you guys looking for?

Kristin said...

Hi Mindy, this is Kristin Jasperson. It was fun to find your blog and to see how you are doing. Congrats on your pregnancy! Your little girl is so cute. What kind of work is your husband looking for? It wouldn't be anything in computers would it?