Saturday, May 2, 2009

Welcome to the Quarter Century Club!




It was my birthday this weekend, and we had such a great time!  Finally, something to blog about beside job stress! :)
Thanks to everyone for the cards, e-mails, facebook hellos, phone calls, and in person partying! I had a great weekend!
Friday, my sweet husband took the whole day off work to help celebrate my birthday! (Isn't that so thoughtful?!)  We had a quick breakfast and got ready for play group at our house, then a breakfast-for-lunch of french toast (my favorite breakfast!) and hung out the afternoon away.  I got a nice long nap, Katelyn was happy, and a fabulous birthday box arrived from my family in Utah--just in the nick of time!  

Mike got me a fresh, yummy, perfect tomatoe from the garden! Yum! Nothing better!!

Nothings says "I Love You" like power tools!! A brand new, working with complete pieces jigsaw! Wahoo~~!  Thanks Mom and Dad! :)

Thanks for feeding my habit mom!
Look at my sad girl! (All Daddy did was take the camera away...gotta get those 2 year molars in! She's driving me crazy!)

We had a birthday BBQ with some good friends from the ward here at our house, and Mike made homemade, from scratch angel food cake with strawberries!  Yum!  

Katelyn helping to blow out the candle!
Saturday we headed to the beach for a morning of fun!  It was windy, and the water was cold, but once Katelyn figured out it was a giant bathtub, that didn't stop her at all!  We've been here a year now (can you believe it!) and we hadn't visited the beach to play yet.  We had a great time today, and were thrilled that the Barney's decided to tag along.  Kaiden is Katelyn's very favorite friend, and the two of them had a ball!





We're home now for naps, and lesson preparations, and helping with moves and cleaning out the car, but have had a lovely, wonderful birthday weekend!  Thanks everyone for making it so great!
Welcome May!

3 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

Welcome to the club! I'm glad you had a good birthday; thanks for inviting us today. We had a blast!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

It's all uphill from here, at least that's what I tell myself. Happy Birthday!

Debs said...

are you seriously just now 25? I can't believe I'm older than you. I always thought you were a couple of years older than me....must be the height ;)