Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blogging....the new cross-stich!

At least, that's what Mike says!  He thinks I'm addicted! :)
Things are good around here.  Just a quick update to let you all know we made it through the weekend.  We're happy, healthy, and in love...and as we've come to realize, that's all that matters!
Mike went to work Thursday morning and was on his way home again by 10:30.  The lay off made Mike one of many to lose his job that morning, and was totally, completely and painfully unexpected.  But the Lord has a way of taking care of us, and so we've been working hard to pay off our debt and save like crazy for a rainy day.  We were able to put our student loans back on deferment (I swear, we're never going to get those things paid off) and so we're debt free except for our house.
We've got money and food to get us through for about 3 months...maybe 4 if we're amazing...and hopefully by then we'll have a new job! :0
We're not scared or worried...just full of faith and a sense of adventure.  I'm sure that it could get very overwhelming come 4 months down the road and we're still unemployed, but as of right now, things are great...I get to spend all day with my man!
It's interesting to think about money now.  We've been poor before, but before there was always more money coming in; it was our choice as to how to priotize and allocate it.  It's a totally different mentality to look at this stash of cash as a finite thing...when it's gone, it really truly could be gone.  Scary.

The only stress right now is this...and maybe you can help!
My best friends wedding is the first week of June...and silly me, I didn't buy plan tickets before my sweet husband lost his job!  Tsk, tsk!  Anyway, getting to this wedding is completely emotional, and not a true-food-on-the-table type of need, I know, but I've got to get there.  It's not totally optional.  The problem lies in the fact that I can't leave my dear husband here, without a job, all by himself while I go to Utah.  It would be emotional suicide.  So--if you hear of totally fabulous plane tickets, or a new technology that beams people to Utah, or if you've got an abundance of frequent flyer miles you've got to get rid of, let me know.  Here's putting myself out there and asking for your help! :)
Love you all!!

3 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

It IS addicting! I have 2 continental coupons for $25 off a ticket, if that helps. Well actually, they're $25 off if the ticket's between a certain amount, $50 off if it's some other amount..I can't remember the numbers, but you're welcome to them if you want.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

My sister and I are going to Utah in June. Do you think the 3 of you can fit in our luggage? Best of luck with finding a good deal. I have had some luck with naming my own price on priceline.

Nick and Brent said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking about you guys and hope for the best for you. Sounds like you've been listening to the church leaders so you can be prepared for the times when it rains...good luck!