Monday, March 16, 2009

Iron Chef...Venison!



It's not a Williams Family gathering with some fancy cooking...and while Mom and Dad Williams were staying with us during their spring break we did some Iron Cheffing...Venison style.  It was fabulous!

Team parents brought to the table: Venison Stew over Wild Rice and Sweet Potato Soup with Venison Meatballs.




Team Boys brought to the table: Venison Thai Lettuce Wraps and Apple Filled Venison Steaks.





Our first experience with venison was not all that favorable, but this was much better!  Yum!  Team Boys was declared the winner, but Team Parents wasn't far behind!  If you'd like a recipe, let me know!  And send me all your venison recipes--I'm optimistic that this will be yummy!

3 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

I'll take those recipes...they all sound so yummy! You're so good to try new things. I mostly just use my venison like I would beef.

Meg Williams said...

Wait- there is no way my parents came up with those ideas for venison, did you guys cheat and use recipes??? I challenge any or all of you guys to an Iron Chef anything without recipes, that's cheffing! :)

Hmm, Katelyn is looking like some clothes for spring and summer might be cute- she's just so adorable its hard not to spoil her.

Oh, speaking of spoiling her, maybe Aunt Meg should get Katelyn own pet snake or alligator???

Corinne said...

Wow didn't know venison could get so fancy. Your blog is always so fun.