Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fill the Temple Week

This week is Fill the Temple Week. Our Temple Presidency here is Houston does a neat thing--twice a year each Stake is invited to Fill the Temple--members are encouraged to take the day off work and spend all day in the temple. Mike and I headed down yesterday and did Endowment Session, Sealings, Endowment Session. It makes for a really long day (what with the 4 hour drive) but it's also really neat! We gained lots of insight and just enjoyed the peace of the Temple. It was great! One temple blessing, in particular, that I enjoyed yesterday was the absence of my persistent toothache! I've had a bad toothache for a while now, and we're waiting until we move to find a better dentist before we fix it. My tooth didn't hurt once while we were in the temple--I'm grateful for the little blessing that we receive for obedience!

And, as part of fill the temple week I'm babysitting a whole lot! I just couldn't resist this picture...what do you get when her put 5 children under four in a 10X8 room for 10 hours? A MESS!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great experience to be able to spend the day in the temple! Love all your pics- you're little girl is precious! I'm glad things are so good for you guys in Texas!

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

MINDY! I was bored and thought, hmm I will google mindy and see if I can find her webpage...voila! I found it! Your baby is so cute, yay! I love ya, and I'm so excited that all is well for you guys in texas :)

-Maren