Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Few New Pages--I'm addicted to GIMPing!

Okay--so, I'm really excited about this! I've known about this digital scrapbooking program for about a year now (it's free, which is awesome!) but it's been a bit tough and frustrating to learn! With Katelyn now on a more regular schedule, I can now dedicate two hours a day to figuring the program out! Anyway, here are a few more of my alphabet pages that go in the book I'm making her! So cute!!








Other then GIMPing each day, we've just been hanging out, waiting to move!! (Speaking of which..there has been some questions about decorating our new house--YEAH--here is a picture of the quilt around which Katelyn's room is going to be centered. These types of colors with shapes and flowers and the such...Shabby Chic type look...)

Mike is getting a bit frustrated at school/work--we're not big fans of living in the limbo stage. But we only have 4 weeks and a few days left, so all it well!
We've been spending lots of time outside at the park and Katelyn and I have become babysitting masters! It seems that everyone in the ward as of late is needing a late minute babysitter--and Katelyn and I are here to help! It's good to serve, but I'm finally starting to realize what it feels like to be stretched a bit too thin--ah, the wonder of having a day just to ourselves! :) I'm glad to help out though, service really makes you more happy then just about anything else.
Katelyn is crawling all around and pulling up on all the furniture. She's learning to stand and she's getting stronger and stronger everyday! I think that she will be walking by the time we move, but that could just be me being optimistic! She also loves to get into everything! We optimistically call it helping, but really, you can get SO much more done when she's not around! :)

("Helping" Mom with the Laundry)

We really enjoyed conference weekend. We were able to hook the internet up to our TV so that we could watch it at home--which was great because if we had gone up to the church we would have spent the whole time out in the hall with the goober. I loved seeing our new Prophet; how grateful I am for a living Prophet and for modern day revelation! We are so blessed!

I guess that's it. Check out this cute pic! Thanks for the fun bathtime toys Aunt Meg!! Bathtime is my favorite time of the day!!



And enjoy some funny videos--Katelyn has crazy parents, poor kid! :)We sure love her though!! And we love you all!


5 comments:

Grandma Rozla said...

Your pages are so good. Rachel and I, especially Rachel are very frustrated with the whole digital scrapbooking thing. She's spent 2 days trying to figure gimp out and no luck. We need you to tutor us!

Holly Strong said...

Sounds like you are going crazy playing the house waiting game too. If all goes well we will close next week, but with Davis' busy travel schedule we still won't move for another 2-3 weeks...LOL Looks like we might move the same time as you. I can't wait to see more updates and pictures as you have fun decorating. And Katelyn is oh so cute! I have to tell you that I am so impressed in how well you keep this updated. I will try to update mine more often.

Taylor said...

Mike, even I haven't been able to convert Katie to anything open source, well done. And I'm also impressed with the computer hooked up to the TV. That is how we watched also.

Corinne said...

Those are wonderful! I love doing anything digital. I make my girls photo books with shutterfly and love it. Cut and paste is so outdated....

galbraithfam said...

Of course I remember THE MINDY! It was soooo fun to hear from you! And you look like you and your little family are doing fabulous! Your little Katelyn is DARLING! I'm glad you are enjoying Texas. We are still in Utah, Riverton actually. We're kinda in Limbo until I have baby girl #2...we're almost there. Anyway, so glad you found me and I hope we stay in touch. I love blogging for this very reason!