Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I Heart Primary Childrens

Yesterday the Young Men in our ward came by collecting money for Pennies by the Inch. We contributed an embarrassingly small amount, but I vowed again to someday give lots of money to Primary Children's. It's on my bucket list to donate a tree to Festival of Trees, and then, years later (cuz it's even more expensive) I'm going to be a purchaser of Festival of Trees trees. (say THAT three times fast!;)  Currently, we are working towards simply making ends meet, but someday, my pocket book will match up with my gratitude.




Gratitude for the place that saved Luke's life. I know it. It is a miracle that we live close to such a specialized, high-tech, awesome place.  In the SHORT time since Luke's accident, I've been able to watch other miracles happen at Primary Childrens.






Miracles for the little boy of one of my best friends from high school, who has a heart baby.  That little baby is alive in no small part due to the steady hands of qualified surgeons, to the vigilant nurses, and the miraculous equipment that he spends time using.





Miracles for my niece and nephew who have spent time there for un-diagnosed muscular issues and seizures that started without warning or understanding.






Miracles for a little girl who couldn't see real well.



Miracles for a baby girl who had all sorts of intestinal issues and underwent surgeries to stablize and correct the problem. 



So--although there is always the chance you will get the crabby nurse, or your doctor will over look something, or you will be stuck in a small room--overall, my experience has been positive and I'm thankful for that great institution! 
(And this post in no way negates the awesome power of a loving Heavenly Father...He could fix hearts and heads and eyes and muscles and intestines in a cave in Africa is He wanted to.) 

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Amen! Obviously our experience there wasn't nearly the heartache and scariness that you endured, but we are so grateful for the loving tender way they take care of children and that McKenzie's eyesight was spared. I keep thinking about a friend of mine whose child was diagnosed the same way McKenzie was, but because they intervened too late she is now blind in one eye. I'm so grateful that the doctors at Primary's were able to act quickly and save her sight so she can enjoy the beauty of the world around her. Thank you for including our sweet girl in your post. I almost teared up when I scrolled down and saw her sweet face.

Cassidy said...

Amen! Obviously our experience there wasn't nearly the heartache and scariness that you endured, but we are so grateful for the loving tender way they take care of children and that McKenzie's eyesight was spared. I keep thinking about a friend of mine whose child was diagnosed the same way McKenzie was, but because they intervened too late she is now blind in one eye. I'm so grateful that the doctors at Primary's were able to act quickly and save her sight so she can enjoy the beauty of the world around her. Thank you for including our sweet girl in your post. I almost teared up when I scrolled down and saw her sweet face.