Tuesday, October 8, 2013

8 years ago, today...

This day, 8 years ago, Mike and I went on our first date--one that I had to ask him out on! We went on a Halloween cruise down the Provo river, he taught me how to boil chicken. He stole my heart with his cozy blue sweater and his humble, 'I work with the Elders Quorum.'  He broke the touch barrier in a 'non-sleezy way' and was tall and funny. 
I was the best blind date he had ever been on, 'and the most beautiful' and never dated anybody else after that momentous day!  I waited the appropriate 36 hours before a 'hello' text message and he asked me out for a repeat performance just in time. We talked on the phone and went on dates--it was a no-nonsense, no games relationship and I was smitten! So glad I convinced him to marry me! ;)

(Not our first date, but could have been...we may even be wearing the same thing as we did on that night!)



No comments: