Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weigh In...

So, the upcoming kitchen re-do is occupying all my thoughts, and most of my dreams.  Can't wait!!  On that note, give me your thoughts.  

Here is my kitchen.  (no, not a recent picture.  We don't carve pumpkins in April.)


We are raising the ceiling (knocking out that dumb drop ceiling!) and adding top cabinetry.  We are changing out our exhaust vent hood with a black, sleeker, more awesome BOSCH (love bosch!!) one.  Like this one...
We are making it an externally venting fan (hal-a-freaking-lu-ya!) and so I am going to lose the cupboard space above it.  So I get to make it pretty instead.  Tell me what is your favorite?!

Keep in mind, although all these pictures are white, our cabinets are going DARK.  And don't get thrown off by the beautiful, tall ceilings either. I know mine aren't that tall.  The decorative portion above the stove could go white--bright, high gloss, pretty white--or red, or something else. It's not going to go the same color as the stain, since I don't want to spend the extra money to build this section out of 'real' wood.  

1.

2.

3.

4.

I can't remember if our buttons for our fan are on the outside, or the underside, so I'm not sure if we can cover it up or not.

So, what do you think?  

Number 4 was my original idea.  Now, I love number 1.  And, then at the same time I love the idea of having a place to put nice things.  I don't know...!

7 comments:

Grandma Rozla said...

I like #2, or #1 if you don't want space for something "pretty"!

Good luck. I hate making decisions like this!

Kristi said...

I vote for #3!

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

I like number one the best!

Stephanie Hancock said...

I like #3, but I have a thing for crown molding. It's going to be great, yay for house projects!

Kirsten Knowles said...

What's the difference between 2 & 3 (I apparently don't have a good decorative eye) but I personally like the shelf look or #4 don't really care for 1. As I type this it's really your opinion that matters right? Color wise I like the idea of red... How fun!!!

Emily said...

Love #1. Pretty snazzy! Good luck!

Marissa said...

I like #1 or #2 they don't look like you would bump your head on them as much.