Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kitchen Remodel

So--this is happening! :)  Not this month, but next *hopefully!  I am one excited chick...can't wait!!  Here's my current plan...(subject to change, of course!).

First off, the ceiling soffit has GOT TO GO!  Who came up with that idea?  Lame.  Pop that puppy out, replace sheetrock and add some new lighting.  Can lights above the sink.  Pendant lighting above the bar-two of them to be exact.
I like this:   KROBY Pendant lamp-double IKEA Shades of mouth blown glass; each shade is unique.and this:TIDIG Pendent lamp with 4 lamps IKEA Shade of mouth blown glass; each shade is unique.

and I LOVE these--but think they may be too funky for the look I'm going for, not the mention price... :
 
 Track lighting on the ceiling, over the food prep area. 
LEDING Ceiling track, 5-spots IKEA Adjustable arms and spotlights allow you to direct the light.  TIDIG Ceiling spotlight with 5 spots IKEA Adjustable spotlights makes it easy to direct the light. 
 I am not a subtle lighting girl--I like light, and lots of it. If I could install skylights I would. If I could vault the ceiling, I would.  As I can't, lots and lots of light (on multiple switches) will have to do.  Wham!

Speaking of ceilings...we are doing something like this over the table, and installing a new ceiling fan.
Old World Kitchen Island and kitchen remodel

Next, since we are gaining 12 inches of space once we re-do the ceiling, I'm adding more cabinets!  Yeah!!  Maybe open. Maybe with doors. Maybe with bead board.  I'm excited!  Certainly it will have features like this:
Pinned Image Pinned Image 
How to Build Under-Cabinet Drawers & Increase Kitchen Storage Beadboard Wallpaper toekick & sides of kitchen cabinets ... awesome!!!!!

Oh, and the color you ask? We are going from honey oak, to deep beautiful dark.  Like this:
AWESOME tutorial on a method of staining laminate and wood cabinets.  Doing this!  Cheaper then other methods I've found...!

Oh, and by the way, I'm taking my dark black kitchen table and chairs and turning them a beautiful yellow/cream/brown.  Yummy.

That's phase one.  I'm too impatient to wait so I'm going to do it in phases.  One now (ish), and one later (ish).  For phase two: countertops, sink, new window.  Lovely!

So, since my birthday is coming up, here is my SHAMELESS plug...I've got a shopping list.  Want to help?

Clear Satin Topcoat Gel Stain, Quart

Purchase a gift card



6 in. White Recessed Lighting Housings and Trims (6-Pack) (C1)

Not to mention supplies, labor, watching of children, and pizza giftcards (cuz I'm quite sure this is not going to be a quick weekend project!)

And, if somebody wanted to spring for those funky, fun pendant lights, you wouldn't hear a peep from me! :) 

So, basically, I'm stoked.  I'm doing vinyl orders like crazy to earn the cash, and I'm thinking I can make my little bit stretch quite a bit further than you would think.  Can't wait!!




No comments: