Thursday, January 5, 2012

Primary Program, 2011

I missed a lot of updating in 2011, but one thing I knew for sure that I would come back to was the Primary Program.  Last January we set a goal to have Katelyn learn all the Primary Program songs in time for the program. Mostly, she did this herself, with help from a great song leader at church, but we also worked on the songs for FHE. She learned them all!  This year, we have the same goal, but have decided to make sure she knows all the verses to all the songs. (We've already started by making a CD of this years songs. Did you know you can download them all from LDS.ORG.  This year there is a song I've never heard!)
This girl loves to sing!
We practiced and practiced her part and she got asked to sing the 2nd verse of "I Love To See The Temple" with some other girls in her class...so we practiced and practiced that too.  And then, at the Saturday practice of the Primary Program, she got asked to sing "I Pray in Faith" all by herself.  Solo. Just her.  Both verses.  I was so excited. And nervous. She was just excited--and did great!
So, check out this video of her the morning of the Program doing one more practice before the big event.



Primary Programs are always one of my favorite Sundays. They are even more great when your own kid is in them!  

1 comment:

Holly Strong said...

I love it!!! My favorite part is her dancing around...did she do that at church or did she listen and stay still. That Katlyn is so fun. Ady sure loves playing with her.