Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Birthday...To ME!

The big 27...yup!  Sweet!  Mike asked me if 27 felt old...27 SOUNDS old, but I still feel 16 (especially since I'm not preggo anymore!)  Yesterday was fabulous...!!!  Mike went above and beyond (and, actually spent money.  I'm tickled pink!)  I wasn't running the footage department, so no pictures, but I had a great day anyway!

Mike surprised me with this beauty...it's been on my wishlist for YEARS.
Totally pointless and frivolous, I know, but so totally awesome to step out of the shower and have lovely, warm, snuggly towels waiting for you.  I highly recommend it.  (I almost wish it would snow again, so I can truly appreciate it!  This will be AWESOME in the winter...)  Plus, aren't birthdays supposed to be all about getting stuff you don't really need?


I got the food dehydrator I've been wanting...plus accessories...from Mike's family.  Mike and I already gave this bad boy a test run and enjoyed yummy dried apples and pineapple today for snacks.  Sa-weet!


And, to fulfill my craft need (I'm having major post-partum nesting!) my parents gave me a mega Jo-Ann's giftcard and quilting stuff.  Can you say brand new Olfa? :)  I'm set to make the quilt I've been dying to make for Katelyn.  Anybody want to pitch in for a new sewing machine for Christmas? :)


Plus, I got a plethora of other great things--super cute baby supplies, jewelry, gift cards (for shoes!!), water bottle and the new President Monson book--already several chapters in, SO GOOD!

Anyway, it was a great day.  We finished up the evening by going to the Craven extended family 'Masterful Discussion' and it was really, truly, inspiring. Mike and I talked all the way home about how to improve our family and start now to develop a more consecrated attitude.  I am blessed to come from such a great heritage.  I have a new favorite scripture story--and it may just become our family motto...'First in, Stand Firm, Last to Leave.'

Thanks everybody!  It was FABULOUS! :)

2 comments:

Lindy Windy said...

Happy B-day Mindifyer!!!!!!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I'm so glad it was a great one. A towel warmer has been on my wishlist for years too! Maybe when we remodel our bathroom we'll just have to get one installed... :)

To getting older...and hopefully wiser!