Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happenings...

Well, still waiting for this baby to come!  The past two pregnancy's I didn't experience any contractions until I was hooked up to monitors in the hospital. This baby--not so much! They started about 34 weeks and I've had them daily since then.  Miserable.  I swear, the last month is bad enough, but having contractions everyday has totally wiped me out and has made this last month feel longer then the entire first 8 months of pregnancy!  I'm hoping for a no-contractions 3rd trimester next baby!
In any case, although it's been long, we are DOWN TO HOURS!!  I go in on Wednesday evening and should have a baby here shortly! We'll be home in time for Conference and finally get to hold our sweet little 'kidney bean baby.'  Or alien child.  Or munchlet.  It all depends on how Mike is feeling at the moment... :)  We're excited!

In the meantime, Katelyn went to a Big Sibling class.  I had high hopes, but it was mostly lame.  But fun.  She got her own little diaper bag and they practiced wrapping babies up in blankets and the rules of new babies...you know, wash your hands, ask an adult, etc, etc.  She was cute.


I've also been hooked up to these a lot recently. 

 None-stress tests are BORING!  But, very comforting.  Saturday night we thought for sure we were headed to the hospital.  Regular, steady, painful, and close together contractions started about 9:30 and we called my little brother over to sleep with the kids about 1:00.  I was packed and ready to head to the hospital, when contractions just stopped around 3:00.  And then, I didn't feel the baby move again, for hours!!  We ended up skipping church (he, he!) and heading to the hospital for testing.  They kept me for a couple of hours, but everything looked good so home we went.  I was hoping for that actually.  I assumed that the only way I was leaving the hospital Sunday with a baby would have been due to some sort of traumatic, emergency C-section event, and didn't want that.  So we came home and went to my parents house to pick up the kids and help Brielle celebrate...SHE JUST GOT ENGAGED!!


We love Matt and, although we had to take Matthew off our possible name list, it's worth it!  They are so happy and great--wahoo!!  Yeah for planning another wedding!! :)


So, guess that catches us up.  We got the kiddos presents for when the baby comes, but we gave Josh his early so we could keep him occupied and he LOVES it!  Every minute of every day he would be playing 'ball' if he could. So cute! (The video is long, but cute...if you've got time, and a strange affinity to my children!)




3 comments:

Julie said...

I am so excited that the baby is coming so soon! I have been having contractions since 34 weeks, too, and they really are so irritating when you still have weeks left to go! I'm glad yours will finally be over with soon. Good luck with everything. We can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! :)

Wes, Nicki, and Boys said...

I am so glad you got Joshie a basketball hoop!! Did I tell you that is all he plays with whenever he is here? I bet he loves it!! Your almost there!! Can't wait to see if its a boy or a girl!!

Unknown said...

Can't believe how much he looks like his dad at that age. Brought a smile to my face, MOM