Saturday, July 3, 2010

A word to the wise...

Mike and I finally went and got new, Utah, drivers licenses this week.  (Nothing like a good drivers license picture to make you feel fat and chubby!)  Just in case you are headed in to the Drivers License Division office anytime soon, let me tell you what I learned.


You can make appointments online. You can't get around the new 'you have to come in' rule, but you can avoid the 12 hour wait.  You can sign up online, and fill out your application online.  Slick, slick!

Thursdays and Mondays are the worst days, according to the employee I asked.  Pick a different day.

Don't. Bring. Children.  The amount of screaming children was obnoxious.  I luckily had a babysitter--awesome!

Do bring a book.  It made my wait quick!

Take a marriage license if you have changed your name from your maiden to married name.  They don't say this on their website, but they won't help you if you don't have it.  Luckily, Mike was meeting me for an appointment later and could swing by home and pick ours up.

Don't fall asleep waiting to take your picture--tired eyes really transmit to a picture!

Smile, and be nice--people are nicer that way!

Good luck!

No comments: