Thursday, February 11, 2010

Read this book...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society...

Got a new book recommendation from my best friend Steph...and I'm passing it on to you! It's fabulous, and since I don't keep up on GoodRead's like I should, I'll send the info along this way!


Don't be turned off by the wacky title--by the end it's endearing and you're going to want to be a member of their literary society. I loved these characters and found so much of myself in several of them...it's witty, funny, and touching. This book has now made it to my top 10 list...and I think it will make it to yours too! It's a quick read, so somebody get a copy and start passing it around! And...anybody need a gift idea for me...this one is a great idea! ;)

3 comments:

Traci said...

I love that book! My bookclub read it a couple months ago. So good.

Julie said...

I loved it, too! It was hilarious. I love books that make me laugh over and over!

Nola said...

I loved it, too! We read it in our Book Club, and it's now an all-time favorite of mine!