Sunday, February 7, 2010

The first $15.00 Katelyn has cost us...

Okay, so not the first $15.00, but the first time she's caused us to spend $15.00 we had to spend that we would have not otherwise had to spend if she wasn't so precocious!

Our bedroom door has a lock--the sturdy, outside lock kind. It came with a key, which I put in a safe place inside the bedroom. Not a problem, cuz we never locked the door. And then, Katelyn enters her 'I-must-lock-every-door-I-find-phase.' Oh joy. And guess which door she locked, and which key I didn't get out of my bedroom in time?

You guessed it. The bedroom key. The bedroom lock.

So, engineers are brilliant, but not, as we discovered, natural born lock pickers. They do however, know how to wield a hammer with strength and awe.



I'm going to the store this week to buy a new bedroom doorknob.

One without a keyed, sturdy, outside lock.

2 comments:

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

lol i locked myself in the bathroom when I was really little like that. My parents had to coax me through the door to unlock it and it took forever.

Melissa said...

Ya, that pretty much looks like OUR doorknob too!! A few weeks ago we came home from church and our door out to the garage was locked!! (by Josh of course, he is in that phase too) So, Rusty grabbed a hammer and started trying to get it off. Luckily he did. Kids are great, aren't they?!