Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!
Katelyn's new outfit...

Katelyn has started this new thing--she likes to hug us both at once! So cute!

A friend of mine calls the 4th of July Independence Day, as opposed to just 4th of July...I like that. I think I'll adopt it! It is a good reminder of what the day is really about.

We had a great day this year...we headed to Pleasant Grove to spend the day with the Woods. Mike's 2 other sisters also came into town, so although we had a houseful, it was full of laughter and fun!

We mostly just hung out for the day, and then enjoyed a yummy BBQ and fun fireworks show for the evening. My mom made Katelyn a super cute new outfit to wear for the day, and we were all decked out in our traditional attire. Katelyn liked the fireworks a lot--the loudness of them made her a bit nervous, but she was fine if she had me or Mike.

All the girls...our little dude is going to be outnumbered on this side of the fam!
Watching the show with Daddy...
Hope your day was as good as ours!

P.S. There might be good news on the job front...stay tuned! I don't want to jinx anything, but I'll let you know when I know! :)

No comments: