Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Finally...stuff that's blog worthy!


Howdy one and all!  I finally have some blog worthy news...although I suppose if I would take more pictures of Katelyn, I would have blog worthy news everyday!
One of the first exciting things....another SUCCESSFUL dumpster diving event!  I swear, I have absolutely no shame!  And now I have Mike dumpster diving...(actually, not so much dumpster diving, as taking things off the side of the street before the garbage man does!)
Check out this great find... A TABLE SAW!  


Mike saw this as he was driving home from work last week.  It had a sign attached that said "I've been replaced. Take me home."  Sweet!  It didn't have a blade, so we haven't tried it out yet, but the motor works well and my husband is a brilliant engineering so I'm confident he could fix anything wrong with it!  Yeah! And, check out our new edger...8 bucks on craigslist...sweet!~

Saturday we spent most of the day on our yard, well, mostly the garden.  A neighboring city was giving away free Christmas Tree Mulch (mulch they made from all the Christmas trees they collected), so we headed over in the morning and filled up our truck (love having a beater truck), and came home and mulched the garden! Its so beautiful!  (Ignore the bags of stuff.  We're prepping the ground for spring planting, and are storing our extra fertilizer there until we need the spot)



Vinyl lettering is going well.  It's so fun to design and see our stuff come to life! And we're on our way to getting a website. My friend from my Young Womens growing up is designing it for us, and it's going to look so great! I think it's been more work then Elena or I, and probably even Danielle, thought it would be, but it should be really helpful to have when were all done.  
We're trying to find a vinyl company here in Houston to save ourselves some shipping, so if any of you know of a place, let me know!

Young Womens is also going great!  We had a etiquette dinner last night, and it went so well!  It was our first combined activity that didn't completely fall apart at the seams!  Yes! Maybe we will figure this thing out!

Tomorrow is a baby doctor appointment, so I'm sure I'll have more to report then. I've been feeling so much better then I expected to! Nights are not so fun, but it doesn't really interrupt my everyday functioning (except for my poor husband, who gets a lump-on-a-log wife all evening!)  Dirty diapers about do me in everyday, but I'm so lucky to have Mike who changes every single one when he's home. I'm a lucky girl!  I'm still making it to the gym... and although my pants are starting to not fit, I'm still losing a few pounds! Pleasant side effect to only being able to each fruit and pasta, I suppose.

Love you all! Enjoy the update!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so where is the free mulch at? I wonder if they still have some?

Grandma Rozla said...

you are your mother's daughter with the power tools! You are tawanda! Hugs to you. I wish I could work in my yard in February :)

Kristi said...

Wow, you guys are so thrifty and efficient with your garden, etc! Sounds like you guys are doing great!

Cassidy said...

Wow! The garden looks great! I wish I had a green thumb. The only plant I've been able to keep alive since we got married is a cactus I bought.

I love a good money saving find. It always makes me feel so great! Haha...

That is wonderful about Mike helping out when you're not feeling well. Micah had to make his own dinner for the first 3 or 4 months because I couldn't stand the smell of cooking food. Good luck and I can't wait for the next post!

Stephanie Hancock said...

You guys are amazing--Kyle was jealous when he saw that!