Friday, February 6, 2009

Did you know?


Did you know that the temple has a special stash of crackers and juice on hand?  A stash that they call their 'fainting stash?'  I didn't either, but I do now!
Today was fill the temple for our stake. This is a great thing where the members are encouraged to make sacrifices and attend mulitple sessions in order to 'fill the temple.'  Mike took the morning off work, we dropped off Katelyn, and headed to the temple.  All went well, until about sealing number 4.  I just slumped over on the alter, then fell to the floor. Mike caught me, I'm told.  I came to a few seconds later, but I was lying on the ground and was suddenly nervous that I was immodest! 
And then I discovered the special 'fainting stash.'  Apparently this happens often. :)

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I was laughing out loud at this post! I am sorry, it must have been really embarrassing:)! Good to know about the stash!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Isn't pregnancy grand. I remember going to the temple when I was really showing. I have never been asked so many times how I was doing. I am glad that Mike was there to catch you.

Taylor said...

I wonder if they only have this at certain temples. Katie fainted during a friend's sealing and definitely wasn't modest there for a second. Good thing there were only 35 people in there to see it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Bless Your heart, I know your ok, but how funny that you were worried about the silly things.

Melanie said...

Wow! I've always heard that kneeling can make you faint, but I've never seen it happen. Glad you didn't hurt yourself! :)

Tammy said...

Yep it is common. Every time we go the sealers always ask after a few names if we're okay or feeling faint. Don't be embarrassed.

Cassidy said...

Yeah... I've actually heard that they would rather have you do a regular session instead of sealings when you're pregnant because of that. I was about 6 months or so when we did sealings and they kept asking me if I was ok.

Stephanie Hancock said...

When I read this, I thought--only Mindy! My goodness, what are we going to do with you? :)