Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Voted...



Actually, I didn't, but Mike did! :) I waited til the last day, the last hour before I registered to vote and then, Mike and I got our wires crossed and I thought he said to go to one place, but really I was supposed to be at another. Long story short, you can't register to vote at the same place where you got your car inspected, even if that's where you thought your husband said to go! :) Anyway, I had a pretty busy day yesterday even without voting, so I may not have even been able to fit it in if I could have! :)
On to the results...we had a fun election party--red and blue food. We got together after YW and watched the night unfold--as if it was any real wonder who would win. I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried about the next 4 years. I like, (big swallow), President Obama fine, but I'm nervous about his vote. Abortion, same sex marriage, judges he will potentially have the opportunity to appoint. I just hope he swings more to the middle, and maybe discovers that there's not as much he can do as he promised. I guess we'll see! :)
On the up side, as of this morning it looks like Proposition 8 is going to pass...yeah! I'll admit that I had a lack of faith concerning the vote, but it looks like I was wrong--and I'm glad! I think every state should try to pass an amendment to their Constitution...now. It's only going to get harder and harder to protect the family.
And lastly, in this household we are most excited that Micheal L. Williams became our Texas railroad commissioner. We voted for Michael L. Williams during the primaries, based solely on the fact that he shares a name with my dear husband. And now, that great name is a railroad commissioner! Yeah! :)

My state themed cupcakes...




5 comments:

Emily Werrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Werrett said...

We do know how to make festive food, don't we? ;)
Thanks for inviting us over -- although it didn't turn out the way we wanted, it was still fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so creative when it comes to the different snacks for your halloween and election parties! I'm impressed! Looks like a great time!

Glen & Kat said...

How cute is that? I'm impressed with all of your creative food ideas.

Sheryl said...

Ha! I love the state cupcakes! :)