Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's about Time!

I've been complaining to Mike that nobody updates their blogs as frequently as I would like (it would have to be an hour by hour update!) and then I realized that's it's been forever since I've updated my blog too!!
We're settling in nicely! I have lots of fun pictures that I could show you, but what did I do? I lost the camera!! I'm sure it's here somewhere, I just have to discover where!! The problem with a big beautiful house--there's much more room to lose stuff in! Arg!
Anywho--I can give you an update about our weekend. It will be out of chronological order from the rest of our life, which sorta bugs me, but here goes...

We have had some good friends in town for the weekend; Jennifer and Jesse Mitchell and their 3 kids, Thomas, Paige and Allie. It's so fun to have a house where people can come and stay without feeling like we are living on top of each other! Yeah!
We spent Saturday at the Zoo--are we crazy?!?! Tell me again why I live in Texas, and more importantly, why I would go to the Zoo when it's a hundred-freakin degrees outside? Crazy! But it was great!
Katelyn understood the zoo a lot more this time around, and since they had their camera, here are some highlights of the day!

They had this cool tunnel thing that you could crawl through, under one of the fish exhibits!
Do you notice the family resemblance?
Happy, It's-Too-Hot-To-Breath Pictures

Part of the Mitchell Clan (Jesse and Baby Allie not pictured)

Sunday (today) we're enjoying napping and eating yummy fresh bread! Mike and I both spoke in Sacrament Meeting today, which is always exciting, and I've got us booked several nights this week for game night with some new friends! Yeah! Another new couple moved in this week as well, so we get bumped up the totem pole from the spot of newest family!

Mike also started work this week. I've got a picture of his first day on the camera, but since I can't find it.... :) He's really enjoying his job, although he's beginning to get bored off all the training stuff he has to do. Schumberger is really safety conscious, so he's learned more about job safety in the last 5 days then he ever thought possible. His commute is as wonderful as we thought it would be--only about 20 minutes from our front door to his desk. He gets to start some real work this week, and then it's back to training stuff for 2 weeks after that!

Anyway--when I find my camera I'll post lots more, but posts without pictures are boring, so I will spare you all the details!

1 comment:

Holly Strong said...

I had to comment on this! YAY, about time. I love seeing updates on you guys. Come on keep it going. Also those are some cute pictures. I love the one with Mike in the tube. LOL