Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Shout Out To Moms!

Happy Mothers Day everybody! And Happy Anniversary to me! Our day of celebration was overshadowed by the excitement of closing on our house tomorrow and attending our new ward today, but we did at least give say the token lines, 'Happy Mothers Day, Happy Anniversary!" And actually, Mike and Katelyn got me a fun little set to make a hand print of Katelyn. Cuteness! :)

Our new ward was great---it felt just like a Utah ward! Actually, it felt a lot like my home ward...a HUGE-mongous primary and lots of youngish families. I think we're going to feel right at home! It's such a blessing that the church is everywhere, and that they become your family! We didn't have any worries about where to go today, what to do, and if we would find friendly faces. I am so grateful to be a member of this church--no matter what building you attend church in, you can always know that you will feel the spirit and be welcomed! And that means a lot living so far from home!

We met lots of nice people today and found that several families live in our neighborhood. One of them even invited us over for lunch! It was so nice, seeing how it's Mothers Day and all. I'm so glad that we are going to love it here!

Wish us luck tomorrow! We close on our house--wahoo!

Love you all!

2 comments:

Meli said...

That's why you werent there yesterday!!! buaaaa we miss you already Mindy!!
Good luck with your new ward and your house!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great mother's day! I'm so happy to hear that you guys are loving life so much where you are... but I have to say I'm a little confused. Where is your new house exactly?