Saturday, September 14, 2013

Weekend Date Getaway!

My cute hubby--what a stud!  He planned a weekend getaway for us--on the cheap!  We went backpacking in the Uintahs, to Long Lake to be precise. It was beautiful and fun and awesome and great without the kiddos!  We ate our 72 hour kit food (not great, but would certainly keep you alive), practiced our fishing--fly fishing included--, slept toasty in our WARM sleeping bags (got to be in the low 40's), took lots of pictures, hiked, and enjoyed not having to keep the kids from jumping in the lake.
Thanks babe!

On our way in!

Still smiling, on our way out! (We stopped by the Provo River Falls for a photo op. It was pretty. I look like I have a hunchback.)


This place is BEAUTIFUL!  A bit chilly, but SO pretty!




My cute Fisherman!

We actually didn't catch a single fish--but we caught a bat! (Don't worry, it just played dead. It was fine after a few minutes)


 Fly-Fishing (I promise, I fished too...just didn't get any pictures.) Fly fishing is super fun!



There is not a prettier place to camp, I'm sure!  Added bonus--no kids, so no drowning, regardless of how close we camped to the water!



On our way out--looking a bit worn!


 

A sign we passed on our way in and out.  HILARIOUS!  Notice the sign...closed due to mosquitos. Yes, I can see how that would be an issue at a nudist ranch.
  
Lastly, a big shout out to Austin and Jilli, who watched the kiddos overnight (which included being up all night with a not happy Ben.) You rock!

No comments: