Friday, August 23, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa visit from Texas!

Last week we got some very special visitors...Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Emily and Aunt Linda!  THANK YOU so much for staying with us for as long as you did...it was so great! (Tradition has it that most visiting members of the family stay with Mike's sister, Becky...I get it. She's the actual blood relative, Mike is usually at work all day, she has better accommodations, heaven knows that my kids are a whole bunch louder than hers, and I beat to my own, mostly non-Williams drum.  People are more comfortable there.  Logic understands, but my heart often feels jipped...so THANKS for spending time up in our neck of the woods while you were here. It meant a lot to me!)

Everybody arrived Monday evening and we enjoyed some good ol' crown burger and Leatherbys. Yum!  We got back to our house and settled in for the night--made plans for the week and just chilled. Awesome.


While they were here we had lots of fun...We went to the Treehouse all afternoon on Tuesday. So much fun!  The kids love the Treehouse, and secretly, so do I! We've got a pass, so if anybody ever wants to join us, we'd love to have you!





 Mom and Luke played here for a solid 30 minutes...I cannot believe he sat still for that long!




And then, Dad and Josh played in the same spot for just about as much time!



Mom and Dad also took the boys to The Hill Air Force Base Airplane Museum.  Super fun!  I stayed home with the girls and hung out with Baby Ben.

We also hit up the Davis County Fair while they were here.  LOVE the fair!  We enjoyed the Elephant show and walking around--Grandpa and the kids LOVED the pony rides!

Love this picture!





I think Dad like the pony rides more than the kids...check out that face! :)


Friday the boys went Golfing and we tried to breath through all the wild fire smoke. Linda and I did some shopping (awesome!), we hit up the Trampoline Park (so fun!) and we enjoyed a YUMMY dutch oven dinner.


Saturday we went fishing.  It was slow starting out, but then we caught something just about every time we stuck a pole in the water! Great fun!



 Not too manly to enjoy a good Barbie fishing pole!


She finally caught one--took the whole time!

There was also lots of games (though never enough!), hair chalking (sa-weet!), running errands (I LOVED having people to run errands with), cooking and cookies and fun!





We cannot wait until the next time we can get together.  I think spring break sounds nice! ;)  Or Christmas...even sooner!

No comments: