Friday, August 9, 2013

Camping with the Woods, in the Woods... ;)

We went camping last weekend with Becky and Chris and crew. Super fun! SUPER DIRTY!  Holy cow...it was nuts!  The kids had a great time, however, so I tried to avoid wiping facing and fingers too often! :)

  We stayed at Sunset campground up Farmington canyon, and after staying there I will rule it out as a possible second camping adventure location. We endured the nastiest bathrooms I have ever seen camping and a scary drive (have you ever driven Farmington Canyon? Totally scary!) I was glad that each site had a water post, but ours was broken so that didn't help anybody.  The location was close, which was nice for us, but not really worth it. Next time I'll head to my old favorite, Northfork.

However, we had a great time.  No sleep (Mike and I played whack-a-mole with our kids all night and I ended up in the car with Luke and Becky's boy Carter had two seizures and a throw-up episode) but good food (We had an awesomely tasty dutch oven dinner--Mike is getting good!) and fun (Hammock swinging, a little hike, fishing in farmington pond).  We will do it again, I'm sure!


Reading Winnie the Pooh


Time out...poor Lukey


Happy Ben!

They had HUGE leaves--we had fun making creations with them.




Love my girl!

The dutch oven master!

Joshy's view of the campsite...

Going on a walk! We saw lots of fun things!

Like this Zebra rock.


Went on a little hike...straight down the mountain.  Dads and the olders made it farther than Moms and the babies.


Dirt, Dirt, Dirt!

Glow Sticks!

The traditional Smore roasting rules.

Jungle Breakfast! Super fun!!






And, there was a good deal of this...boys are awesome.




The whole crew at the Campsite.


We headed down to Farmington Pond after camping for some fishing.  It is hard work (just mostly to be patient!)












No comments: