Monday, June 24, 2013

Update city, batman!



I am so far behind! I will try to catch up, but you'll mostly just get the highlights~! :)

Projects:
We finished our bunkbeds!  A few weekends before our baby Ben came, we got them done and installed!  We had great fun making these--my awesome hubby...what a good man he is! He always indulges me with my crazy ideas!  The kids LOVE their beds and I love how big they actually make the room feel.  We recently moved all the toys out of the bedrooms (BEST. IDEA. EVER!) and it's a great room now!  One of my favorites in the house!

Mike made all the plans himself during his lunch breaks at work.  It is so nice being married to a nerdy engineer...!  Really, once the plan were done and the wood was planed, it was measure, chop and assemble! Sure easy!

We took a great huge pile of rough cut lumber, planed it, cut it, planed it some more, sanded the crud out of it and stained it.  Finally it was time for assembly!  I had great visions of making all three beds coordinating quilts, but I ran out of steam before I finished and I only have one done so far! Anybody want to come over and have a quilting party and help me finish?!?! 

(please? I'm serious.  They are all ready to go, just need some old fashioned quilting love!)

 




I love how hardy they are.  How sturdy they are.  I love the rustic details.  I love that they can actually be taken apart and separated out if we ever wanted.  I love closing my eyes and envisioning all three with matching quilts (like the one on the bottom).

I've still got a little bit of work to do on the room--refinishing some dressers, figuring out a book solution, replacing that tacky (sorry hubs!) rug on the wall with something else.  But all in all...success!

2 comments:

Katherine and Brian said...

I love how the bunk beds turned out!!! I wish I was there to help with the bedspreads. You are an amazing homemaker. Lucky kids!!!!

Wes, Nicki, and Boys said...

I will totally help you quilt! Just name a day and we will do it!!