Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ode to Max...

We sold our car this morning! It was a bit of a shock, actually, since the thing was completely falling apart and we disclosed all the problems.  But, a mechanic picked it up and says he does stuff like that so I guess it's all good, right?  And the money is always nice--even if it is just going towards responsible stuff and nothing fun! :)  

I'll be honest though, it made me a bit sad.  Not that I would want to trade back, but...lot of memories in that car.  Lots of driving in that car...it was the car that Mike had when we first met. The car payment that Mike had me deposit for him after we'd only been dating for a little while--trust!  It was the car we drove to Texas in for grad school--while I bawled the whole 1,300 miles and the car we drove back to Utah after the job layoff--while I bawled the whole 1,300 miles again. The car we house hunted in, the car we brought Katelyn and Josh home in, the car we paid off with our tax return to follow the prophet, the car that was our only family car for 2 years, the car that fell apart every month but somehow kept running.  All in all, I was actually sad and teary to see it go...!  Silly me! Let's chalk it up to post-baby emotions!


So, farewell and Ode to Max!!

No comments: