Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!!

I know I'm early, but...the way the past few weeks have been, I'm going to take this second, because I might not get another one for days!! :) I heard my Stake President say that Mothers Day is one of the most dreaded days for 80% of moms in the church--they feel guilty and frustrated at their lack to do better. I feel blessed not to feel this way (because I'm so amazing, right? ;), but I still LOVE this song and it helps me stay on track! So, to all the moms out there--enjoy! (Can't figure out how to put a song on here, so just enjoy the words!)

In her heart she holds the dreams

That she’s carried since the day she turned thirteen

Of all that she would be when she was grown

Of all that she would do when she was finally on her own

She dreamed she’d fly

And she’s still waiting for the chance to try


But in the meantime she’s a mother and a daughter and a wife

Doing all she can to stay above the daily grind

She wonders when she’ll ever have more meaning in her life

She doesn’t know she’s being molded and refined

In the meantime


Someday she’ll go back to school

When the carpools and the soccer games are through

‘caus deep inside she’s still the girl

Who’s always felt the fire to make a difference in the world

She dreams she’ll soar

When she finally has the time to do more


But in the meantime she’s a sister and a teacher and a friend

Hours turn into days that turn to years that never end

She wonders when she’ll ever really find herself again

But she’s becoming one on whom God can depend

In the meantime


Heaven feels the joy of every victory in her life

and heaven hears her heart before she cries

Somewhere in the middle of the triumphs and the trials

She’s becoming sanctified


But in the meantime she’s an answer and a blessing and a gift

To every empty, aching heart that only she can lift

She still wonders if she’ll ever get to see where heaven is

If she could only see her mansions waiting there

If she could only feel how much her Father cares

She would know she’s being perfectly prepared

In the meantime

-Jenny Jordan Frogley (totally SWEET last name, eh?!)

Have a great Mothers Day!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Hancock said...

Thanks for posting this! Made me feel better about being a Mom today--in the midst of sitting all the messes I've yet to clean up!