Sunday, May 23, 2010

Great Dump Find!!


So, I miss that in Houston people put GREAT stuff on the sidewalk and just give it away. There were seriously mornings where I would get in the truck and drive up and down streets waiting to grab up some persons garbage--which of course was my treasure! We have acquired a table saw, a filing cabinet, numerous pieces of furniture and lots of great childrens' toys this way.

But alas, here we are in the land of well used, trash it and send it to DI to be used again stuff. Nothing great on the street around here...but the DUMP? That's another story. Did you know there is a give and take section at the dump? I've found great stuff there ( a lawn mower, a sweet rocking horse...)--but the latest find is awesome!

And it works! Sweet!! A little spray paint (and give my child a couple of years to really figure out what she's doing), and we're good to go! You should plan a dump run!

No comments: