Friday, December 18, 2009

Perspective...

I've been thinking about perspective. I've decided that happy people are happy because they choose to be happy, not just because happy things happen to them. Example...my cousin threw a birthday party for her mom. The cake, which was either very pricey, or took hundreds of hours to make, caught fire! What did they do? Laughed.




One of my best friends put a whole package of crayons in the dryer...her response? "It made rainbows!"



My little sister's car only starts about 1% of the time...she uses it a an excuse to meet guys.



I know people who, if any one of these things happened to them, would have a complete meltdown and lose it. It would ruin their day, week, and their memory of the event forever. But, I also know people who would have reacted the same way as my cousin, friend, and sister did--they'd laugh!
Remember, if it doesn't feel good or it isn't fun, or doesn't make you very happy...it will certainly make a great story later! :)

7 comments:

Christine said...

You're totally right. Thanks for that. Ryan always says that, too. If it isn't fun, it'll make a great story! We'll just say, we have a lot of great stories! :) Have a happy day!

Cassidy said...

That is great advice Mindy. Thank you so much for sharing!! Love you guys!

Kiersti said...

LOVE this - so true!!

Kiersti

Joela said...

hahahahahahahahahahahah oh your my favorite!! george really is the best guy catcher!! i love you!!

Samuelson Family said...

Ha ha! I don't always laugh at everything, but the Cake was really quite funny! Now, if my house burned down with it, I wouldn't of been laughing! Great post! xoxo See ya soon! :)

Kristi said...

Hey I tried to email you, but it got returned:( Will you put a comment on my blog with your email address please? I wanted to see if you guys want to get together in January!

Joela said...

You're the best example in my life of attitude. I hope to be just like you when I grow up! I love, love, love you! Mom