Sunday, August 30, 2009

Internet is Back!


Happy Family of Four!

Sorry to everyone who may feel out of the loop...technology has not been our friend lately! Our phones were on the fritz while in the hospital (so if you thought that you would have been on the texting list to announce the arrival of our little dude, and you didn't get a text...assume that you were supposed to be on the list and that our phones were jacked, cuz that's what happened!), and there has been no Internet at home since we've gotten back (so if you've been checking for name updates, you wouldn't have seen them here!). Anywho, were back online and here's the updates!

We went in at 7:15 August 28 (his birthday is 8-28...Katelyn was 7-27...how fun!) to get the ball rolling. By 8:30 I was started on pitocin, had my epidural (thank heavens!) around 11:00 and he made his arrival at 3:59. Sure beats the 16 1/2 hours that I was in labor for Katelyn. He was a whopping 9 pounds and 22 3/4 inches long (one nurse said it was longest baby she's seen!). I was great, he was healthy, and Dad was great. I was up and walking around by about 7:00, and only 18 hours after little man came we were on our way home and out of the hospital. There can be no better feeling then the feeling of NOT being pregnant anymore! :)


On our way to have a baby! I am not a small woman!
Almost made it, almost made it...9 months is almost over!!


Ta Da! He's here!


A happy visitor....
Dad got to stay the night we me in the room. It was great! Thanks Mom for watching our gooblet!

As for a name, we've thrown around a whole bunch, but we're happy to settle on Joshua Michael. Call him Josh, Joshie, Joshua...whatever floats your boat. Katelyn calls him baby brother, and Mike and I most commonly call him Little Dude. (In fact, a nurse at the hospital thought we had named him Little Duke...funny!)


Sweet Little Guy

Things are going swimmingly here at home. We were happy to have visitors and still encourage any and all to come...he really is a cute little man! Katelyn is doing well, although a bit possessive of 'baby brother' and doesn't really want to take turns holding him. We made it through our first night, and now get to look down the barrel of the first month of sleepless nights--but like I said, there can be no better feeling then the feeling of NOT being pregnant anymore, so I think I'll try some sleep deprivation!


So fun to come home to Grandma and Grandpa's house...all the Aunts and Uncles decorated!


Thanks for all your thoughts, texts, facebooks, and concerns. We really hope nobody got offended by not hearing our happy news early enough, but if you did, we're sorry! Give us the benefit of the doubt and come on over to visit! :)



9 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, I have to say I love the name! But, I'm a bit partial to it! We call OUR Josh, "Buddy" and "Joshie" most of the time, with the occasional "Squashers." Have fun with your cute little family! He's looks so sweet! Hope you get some sleep soon!!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Congrats! I'm glad to hear all is well...I love the name Josh...so cute!

Marissa said...

He is cute, you did a good job Mindy. Congrats! I totaly agree with the feeling of not being pregnant anymore, but I'm getting a little tired of the sleep depervation. You should come check out my blog sometime. rissastitches.blogspot.com

Holly Strong said...

He is adorable. I was so happy to hear the name. Can't wait to meet him.

Danielle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You look fabulous! So happy to hear all went blissfully!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Welcome Little Dude! I am glad to hear that everything went well.

Kristi said...

Congratulations! Glad all went well and went quickly!!!

Corinne said...

So I just checked your blog and CONGRATS!!! I feel so silly not having known while I was e-mailing you about letters. Take your time and enjoy that little guy. He is sure cute and you picked a wonderful name. Sending our love and hopes that we get to meet him some time soon:)

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

Mindy I am so excited for you!! That is so exciting I am so glad everything went good! We should get together! We should have a game night after you guys are adjusted and getting more sleep:) Congratulations! I am so happy everything turned out good!You have a beautiful family.