Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Katelyn!!

She's such a big girl!

Can you believe that it's been a year?! We can't! Mike and I talked about her birthday this weekend and how we don't feel horribly sad that she's one. You always hear people say how sad they are when their baby turns one, but we have had such a great time watching her grow up that we're just excited to watch her turn 2! I think maybe that some people have guilt about missing their kids growing up, and thankfully we don't feel any guilt at all. We both feel that we've lived up every minute of this last year--and for me as a mother, I'm so glad with each new thing she learns. I feel a whole lot more confident and effective in my role as a mother as she gets older and bigger--that baby-baby stage stressed me out! :)
Anywho--she's our big one year old girl now--officially as of 2:56 this morning. We had a great day and it was so fun to have family here! All the birthdays of the last two years have been celebrated with just us two and our Texas friends, so it was neat to have family here again!

I made a really fun swimming pool cake for her birthday--we didn't have a pool party or anything, but Katelyn loves the water so I thought a pool cake was fitting. It was fun--although stale cookies don't taste so good! :)

Yum...Cake!

Katelyn totally has the opening present thing figured out--she just pulls out all the tissue and dives right in. It's really cute! She had way more presents then any little girl could possible need, but I actually think she is going to play and use them all!
Thank you to everyone who was so generous!

She has the best faces!! Oh! A Monkey! :)


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oooh, happy birthday sweet girl! I can't believe she's one already. It seems like yesterday that I kept checking your blog for the pregnancy updates. Does it feel like its all just flown by?

That's so fun that family got to celebrate with you - it always makes it a little more special!

Joela said...

Great job on the cake sweetie!! You are awesome and such a great mom. I love, love, love you!!
Mom

Cassidy said...

Yay for birthdays!! I'm so happy for you guys. Tell Mike Happy Birthday (today!) for us. We love you and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I can't believe that it's been a year already! Time flies eh!?! It looks like you guys had a great party! Thanks for the recipe!