Sunday, March 1, 2015

We're moving!

We have been daydreaming about building our own *dream* home for years now. We've got houseplans and we play with them all the time--move walls, add garages, pinterest light fixtures.  It's been fun.  We knew that our current home would not be our forever house, but didn't think we were quite ready to take the jump until the first of this year. It's amazing how things have just sort of fallen into place--totally, totally, blessed.  The financing is working out (darn our Texas foreclosure!), we found an incredible builder, we have our eye on a great lot and our house is under contract.  I can think of no other experience in my life where I have felt so led by the hand of the Lord in the direction he wants us to go.  It's been very humbling and thrilling.

We started to prep our home to put up on the market in January.  I am shocked and amazed at the work it takes to get a house ready.  It took us a full month--true, I was operating as pregnant Mindy, but a full month!  Bless my parents, their help was incredible.  It was such a huge blessing to have my Mom show up day after day to help me get things done, and Dad helped Mike with all the heavy lifting. So grateful. Our shed is PACKED full of stuff (and I'm amazed at how much of it I actually don't miss...shhh! don't tell Mike!) and our house doesn't totally feel like ours.  Our pictures and decorations are down and we had crazy mornings making sure everything is spiffy for potential  buyers...but it all payed off!  Like I said, the Lord has a plan.  For Sale By Owner and we were under contract in 2 1/2 weeks. That is crazy~!  The family buying our home is young, LDS, active, and cute.  Just the type of people I prayed would move in here.  I was so hoping for someone my neighbors could borrow an egg from, someone that would have kids to play with, someone safe and kind and helpful.  I think the Lord answered that wish. I am so grateful.

At this point, we are keeping our prayers focused on the home inspection--hoping, specifically, that our roof will not be an issue. It's original, and in great shape, but old.  Everything else, unless we have an infestation of bats we were unaware of, should go smooth.  Crossing our fingers and bending our knees--inspection day is Wednesday.  After that, we are home free!

The family who is buying our home is going to rent it back to us through June.  What an additional blessing!!  We will get Little Miss here while we still have our neighbors and friends around.  We don't have to have all of us shoved in a tiny apartment for 6 months. We get to take time to finish packing and cleaning and playing.  I am so grateful.

This week we think we will make the final decision on the move--build or buy, build or buy.  It's all we talk about and all we think about.  We should know this week if all our ducks will be in a row and if we can buy the lot.  Fingers crossed and knees bent!! :)

The link to our website...as my sister said, "I've never seen your house look like that before!" Ha! True!


No comments: