Friday, December 26, 2014

Bye-Bye Strep!

Katelyn has been getting strep a lot--like every 6 weeks a lot.  It was getting a bit ridiculous, so we decided to take the plunge and remove those tonsils and adenoids.  We had to schedule the surgery for the day after Christmas, which made Christmas break a bit of a bust, but at least it is done! The surgery went great--but recovery was just as bad as people warned me about. We made it, but it was a full 2 weeks of misery for our sweet Katelyn-girl.  But...tonsil free now, so all is well! :)

Before the surgery--a bit nervous, but not too bad.  Thanks to my parents for watching the boys so both Mike and I could be there.

The next two weeks were pretty much spent like this...







But then we made it to real food, Grandma brought fresh watermelon, and we could finally stop the pain medicine! Hooray!

1 comment:

Katherine and Brian said...

Poor kid! I've seen some of the pictures you've posted of her kid like this post and I cringe a little. I just feel so bad she's been that sick! I am so glad to hear that she's better. I'm glad you caught up on your blog. I love reading it!