Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Birthday, Me!

I had a birthday this week... the big 3-0! I'm not sure what the big deal is about 30...I don't feel any different and really, didn't have any ruffled feathers about the whole day in the least.  Lucky me, I guess!

It pretty much was a birthday weekend.  Thursday, my actual birthday, two of my dearest friends and I met up at the park for a picnic lunch with all our babies.  We enjoyed yummy adult food while the kids ate sand (not really, but isn't that how a park picnic lunch sometimes feels?!) and enjoyed a walk down memory lane.  Can't believe where we are this many years after high school. Life has been good.

We had some family over for a Birthday BBQ in the evening and my heart was happy decorating the backyard with Katelyn. What a sweet girl she is.  Mike bought be a beautiful Tahitian black pearl necklace to remember the momentous birthday and I was showered with other gifts.  Birthdays are good things!

Mike also sent me to Womens Conference at BYU for part of my birthday. I got to go with another dear friend and spend the day on Friday at the old BYU stomping grounds. That place makes my heart happy!  Womens Conference was uplifiting and inspiring and fabulous--I can't believe I have never gone before, and I can see why people make it a tradition. I have lots of goals and ideas to put into place in my family after attending for just the day.

Saturday we got to go on a breakfast date and hike. So fun! Didn't make it all the way to the waterfall, but there is always another morning to try again!  We did some yard work, then played games and made BBQ with friends. It was the perfect end to a fabulous weekend.

Thanks everyone for your love, thoughts, and hellos!  May is a good month!









No comments: