Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was a big day in our family--the start of school!!  For the next bazillion years we will have kids in one school or another...exciting!!

I was so worried about this day--fretting and worrying and yes, even tears. But the morning came and went and all was well.  No tears from me, no tears from Katelyn, and no tears from anybody else either.  We got a sitter for the boys and Mike took the morning off of work so we got to take her to school together.  She was so excited for school to start and said she loved it all. She is still loving it today.  Let's hope this sticks for the next 18 years! :)







She came home and said her first day was good. She learned to say her teachers name, she learned some other kids' names, she got breakfast.  They practiced letters and sang songs and played games.  She was only sad once when "somebody else colored better than me".  Today they painted and learned about computers.  I think we are going to like this school thing! :)  

1 comment:

Glen & Kat said...

I'm impressed there were no tears. I'm glad she enjoyed her first day...it's so crazy how fast they grow up!