Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's been a year!!

It's been a year. One year this Friday (August 25th) we came home from Primary Childrens.  One year ago tomorrow (August 20th) Luke took his flying leap from the shopping cart.  One year ago I was crying in a hospital bathroom asking Heavenly Father to let my baby boy live, or if not, to give me the strength I needed to be okay. One year ago I became acquainted with sadness and fear and worry like I had never before known. One year ago I saw miracles happen over and over and over again.  One year ago I learned that life is fragile and quick and fleeting.




Today--I still worry about keeping Luke alive! ;)  He is wild and nuts and crazy. He climbs and jumps and talks and screams. He snuggles. He plays.  He wants to be bigger and older and stronger--he thinks he is! He falls (twice in the last year specifically, landing on his head. Once out of a shopping cart, once on the cement) and then just keeps going.  Old ladies at church can't watch him cuz he gives them heart palpitations.  He drives Grandma nuts when he visits.  He keeps me on my toes and on my A game.  There is not doubt in my mind that he will have NO lasting effects from his adventure.








And I love him. And I thank Heavenly Father for him everyday.  And I feel blessed to be his mom and to help him learn and grow--and hopefully stay alive! :)

2 comments:

Joela said...

A great year! He only drives me nuts because I'm nuts about him! There's a special bond he and I have...and I love him like crazy!!

Jenny said...

So sweet. :)