Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy February!

Hello one and all! We've had a good month at our house--hope it's been the same for all of you!
Katelyn and I have spent a lot of the month sick--ug! We just keep passing a nasty cold back and forth between each other! Katelyn started out the month with an ear infection, and is now ending the month with a double ear infection (didn't want the second ear to feel left out, dontcha know!) I am so grateful for modern medicine--after 3 days on the antibiotics she is beginning to get back to our happy-go-lucky Katy-bug! I'm finally feeling better as well--just in time for Mike to catch it! :(

Check out this video--our baby girl LOVES TV! I think it's just the changing pictures and colors--she loves screen savers and fish tanks just as much! Crazy girl! :)

And, nothing is safe anymore! Having a completely mobile baby is crazy! :) Mike likes the set up our tiny living room as a private play area for Katy-bug--he sets up the couch cushions and barricades her in! It doesn't stop her from trying to get out though!! (She can get out now--the pillows don't really work anymore!)

The things that this little goober can get into--and in the short amount of time that she can get into it! We haven't had this clean of a house in a long time! Her favorites of the week consist of keys, socks and CD's!


In addition--let me send a word to the wise--lower your crib mattresses well before you think you should! We waited too long, and here is the result!

When Katelyn fell out of her crib, I swear, that was the scariest thing I have ever experienced! We were blessed though--she may look bumped and bruised, but she's just fine! I'm glad that Heavenly Father watches out and makes us the difference for semi-neglectful parents!

Valentines Day was fun here at our house...Katelyn and I made a Valentines Cake for Mike and his group up at school, and we went out to the Olive Garden for our Valentines Dinner Date.

Thanks for the fun Balloon, Grandma Great!


Katelyn and I headed to Detroit on the 16th and had a working good time! Would you believe it that I didn't take one picture?! And we had all these high hopes of uploading all the before and afters to show everyone all the work we did! Oh well! I did, however, take this video and Katelyn and their puppy, Dedric. Katelyn LOVED that dog--I have never in my life been so tempted to get a dog of my own! It's pretty cute!

We're back home now and prepping for our house hunting trip and the big Thesis Defense! Mike has been working so hard and putting in lots of extra hours--and all his work is paying off! He has a practice Thesis Defense tomorrow with his group from school and then the real thing next Friday, March 9th. He's not nervous, but that's only because he's amazing! I can't believe we are almost done! Yeah Mike!!

Guess that's it! We're looking forward to March--Happy Birthday Kyman on Saturday! Enjoy the cold--we're getting warm around here, as you can tell! (Thanks Aunt Brielle for the great shopping cart cover--it keeps me clean and entertained!:)


Love you all!

1 comment:

Jennie Fife said...

I can't believe how much Katelyn is getting around. She is so cute!